Juicy tidbits and blogbits about boats
June 19, 2012 The internet is full of photos of Jennifer Aniston sunbathing with her beau onboard a 60 ft Fairline Squadron yacht named Liberty of Lymington charter yacht in Capri, Italy.
Capri is an island in the Tyrrhenian Sea off the Sorrentine Peninsula, on the south side of the Gulf of Naples in the Campania region of Italy. The main town on the island shares the name. It has been a resort since the time of the Roman Republic.
This 60 ft power boat the Liberty of Lymington yacht is available for charter at $17,555 a week. The model is called Fairline Squadron. It offers offers spacious and luxurious accommodation for 6 guests. This boat has many extras and offers an ideal base for extended cruising in comfort and style. This 59′ Fairline offers a very impressive three deck layout with an internal staircase between the spacious, elegant salon and the exceptionally appointed fly bridge.
She has 3 cabins layout with Master cabin forward with en-suite. Twin guest cabins to port and starboard, portside with en-suite doubling as a day head. Large saloon and dinette with galley area behind lower helm position.
Bask in the sun on the cushioned foredeck, or relax on the extensive fly bridge with its sophisticated wet bar facilities and large upholstered seating and sun bed areas; or simply put your worries behind you in the comfort of the plush air conditioned salon. When you feel the urge for some activity, take advantage of the bathing platform and dive in for a refreshing swim or make full use of the available water sports.
Here is a peek at the interior.
Casual fashion for boating need not be boring. Kate Middleton has shown how to combine jeggings with sophisticated dock shoes. For dragonboating in Canada, Kate Middleton wore Sebago Bala moccasin dock shoes that cost less than US$80. Looking trendy, and comfortable, she is setting trends for boating fashion.
Jeggings are leggings that are styled to look like tight denim jeans.The “j” in the name refers to not only to their appearance of jeans but also the fact that they were first worn for jogging in early 2009. Although thus associated with jeans, some jeggings are made with a new type of nylon named nylon PV1.
Wearing the royal sapphire Princess Diana engagement ring, Kate Middleton, duchess of Cambridge wore sensible shoes in preparation for the Dragon Boat Race at Dalvay Lake. With her hair tied at the back, tight slim fit denim pants and a life jacket on top of her hoodie rain gear, she looks fashionably athletic, happy and youthfully energetic. On the above photo, Kate Middleton could be seen wearing her Sebago Bala boat dock shoes.
The royal couple, who arrived in Canada on June 30 for their nine-day tour, along with 1,300 accredited local and international journalists, puts Canada on the world’s front headline news and is expected to boost Canadian tourism.
Kate Middleton set her own dragon boating fashion during the recent Canadian visit to Prince Edward Island. Wearing a life jacket on to of a waterproof dark colored rain gear and a pair of slim fit denims, the Duchess with her hair tied, simple earrings and her royal sapphire engagement ring, competed valiantly against Prince William in a friendly dragon boat race Monday July 4 on Prince Edward Island.
Weather cooperated despite a downpour of soaking rain at Dalvay-by-the-Sea, the royal couple was able to fit in the afternoon race across Dalvay Lake.
For the practical non-royal dragon boaters, here is the recommended dragon boating attire.
1. Loose fitting clothing for ease of movement.
2. Clothing that dries quickly.
3. Do not wear denim or blue jeans.
4. No jewellry, especially rings or earrings as they could cause injuries or you could lose them.
5. Capris or shorts work well. Some paddlers prefer cycling shorts. Long pants may be preferred early in the season or for cooler weather conditions.
6. Supporitive footwear with good treads that will grip when you on the wet docks and get in and out of the boat are essential. These can be old running shoes or water shoes. Remember they will get wet. No flip flops..
7. Hat – Baseball caps will either blow off or impede your paddling.
8. Sunglasses – the kind you don’t mind losing in the water.
9. Paddling gloves if you use them but they are not essential or needed by everyone.
10. If it is raining, wear rain gear but remember it must fit under the lifejacket.
11. If it is cold, be sure to bring a change of clothes. Layering clothes is better.